Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Brush Guard Cleaning Kit

We saw a review of the Brush Guard Cleaning Kit and as usual I had to try it out. I have been using the brush guards since they came out and love them, so I figured this has to be a good product.

I tried it today since I haven't washed my brushes in 2 weeks (yikes!!!) So took everything out of the box, you get a cleaning cup that has bumps on the bottom for rubbing your bristles to get out the dirt. A drying cup (genius) with a pack of brush guards, the brush cleaner and yes no smell like some others, and a blotting cloth.  I did read the directions, it takes a minute or so to loosen the 2 cups apart. So I wet my brushes and used a couple drops of the cleaner in the cup and rubbed the brushes in the cup it takes out all the makeup, even gel liner and lipstick. I did have to add a couple drops more of the cleaner as I cleaned my brushes, but you do not need much.  Then after you clean them with the cleaner, you rinse then  blot with the cloth provided and put a brush guard on them and then you put them bristles down on the drying cup, that is why you have to use the brush guard on them.

The only thing I an see as a drawback is that I use kabuki brushes and you cannot clean them in the cup, I have small hands and it just didn't work. A beauty blender sponge didn't work either. Other than that this is a great product and would make a good gift for someone that wears makeup and needs to clean their brushes.

You can find the kit at http://www.thebrushguard.com/cleaningkit.html also get some extra brush guards they protect your brushes either in a drawer or in a brush roll.

No comments: